Friday, August 28, 2020

August 27 Mighty Waves

Thursday Afternoon:  I had been checking the Muskegonsurf camera all morning watching the waves. Earlier in the day, as I was viewing, the waves were much larger than this. There were brave guys out there with their surf boards and kites, riding the waves ...

It was HOT here in Grand Rapids today, approaching 90 degrees with an uncomfortable humidity level (although I love that combination), and I knew Kaity would want to swim somewhere. Brenda was expecting afternoon family company, so swimming at the condo was not an option. Did I dare bring Kaity out to the big lake and swim in these waves?
I was leary about it, but we DID it!
The water was pretty balmy and not difficult to get used to. However, what looks like not very BIG waves is very deceptive in these pictures!
It is SO shallow here that you have to go out quite a distance before even getting waist deep. But the force of these waves, which were probably 3' and occasionally 4', knocked us right off our feet!

We found this hilarious (naturally), but it wasn't ... it was actually kind of dangerous. After Kaity's most favorite face mask was knocked right off her face and disappeared into "the depths of the sea", I convinced Kaity that we would be safer playing on shore.
The seagulls joined us for some fun in the sand ...


We found them very amusing!


 

Naturally, I found the Lake mesmerizingly beautiful ...





We decided to wrap things up and go play on the playground ...





We found this piece of driftwood and brought it home with us ... it is presently still in my car!

What a gorgeous day to be out at the coast. I'm so thankful God kept us safe and that Kaity was a good listener today!


Love you so much, Kaity-Girl!

No comments: