Monday, August 24, 2020

August 24 My birthday presents

Monday:  A few weeks ago I received a "rebate check" from the federal government due to my need to re-roof my house in 2018. My tax lady applied for it this year because we had totally neglected to do it LAST year. Anyway, the check arrived and I decided to treat myself to a few toys that the kiddos might enjoy playing with at my house ... and me too!

MagnaTiles are the official 5-star brand name for these types of toys ... but I did a little research and these two brands were just shy of a 5-star rating and I was able to get 2x the amount of magnetic tiles for the price of just one set of the other ... so that's what I ordered! 
 I was so pleased that the box from Amazon arrived on my birthday! What a treat! I happened to have an extra bin laying around and I emptied out the contents of both sets into that nice storage bin, where they will be kept when not in use.


I now have 232 magnetic blocks that all fit together! There are windows, triangles (big and small), base plates, and even people! I tried to do a little bit of building last night--they are a bit more difficult than I had bargained for, but that's because I have to study up on north/south magnetism I think.


I hope the children have fun playing with these colorful blocks! I'll take pictures of them tomorrow!

I also purchased a set of reading books for children: "My First BOB Books" a really excellent series for teaching children to read. AND I purchased these very cool bubble wands that make enormous bubbles (hopefully). I looked up a homemade, tried-and-true bubble recipe on YouTube. I'm hoping to purchase the ingredients this week and make up a batch for the weekend.

No comments: