Friday, August 21, 2020

August 20 at Townsend Park

 Thursday:  Oh dear ... Kaity was in one of her contrary moods this afternoon. I picked her up at 3:00 and she announced that she really really REALLY wanted to go to Lake Michigan ... I'm usually "up" for that most enthusiastically, but I didn't feel we would have enough time to really do a trip to Lake Michigan justice, and I hadn't prepared ahead for that kind of thing this afternoon.

I suggested, instead, that we visit Townsend Park since we hadn't played in the creek at all this summer. 

Kaity was super reluctant, thought it would be "boring" but finally agreed. This was only after we batted four balloons around my little house until I thought I would collapse from dizziness and exhaustion!

It was simply TOO gorgeous to stay inside ... and FINALLY, Kaity relented and we drove the 7 minutes up Cannonsburg to the park.



It wasn't crowded here today--we have been here on past occasions, where there were little kids everywhere with nets and buckets, etc. Today, there were just a few kiddos.

We didn't have any water shoes for Kaity, but she did OK nonetheless walking on the rocks. She's a tough little cookie.

It's so gorgeous here ... I love this spot so much ... oh to have those years back when the boys and I would come here on an afternoon frog hunt!






I love these pictures of Kaity!











Kaity played for a little bit on the playground ... but she continued to be a little "out of sorts" ... understandable with all that has transpired in these last weeks in her family.
We came back here to eat our dinner and play with our Matey-Bird ...


I love you, Kaity-Jane. I'm sorry I had such a headache this afternoon ... sigh ... some days are just harder than others !

No comments: