Monday, August 17, 2020

August 15 Back at my house

Saturday:  We came home from Roselle Park and played "school" for a little while. We did math and we also did some reading. Surprisingly, I had one of my Jack Hanna animal books in the car (they are SO interesting) and on our drive to and from Roselle Park, Kaity actually READ to me! We found out all about BATS!

Kaity and I have also been talking about when Jesus returns. We've been talking about it quite a bit actually. It's something Kaity really enjoys thinking about, and I think it brings her peace and hope to some of her troubled thoughts. I printed out a few pictures for us to color of a lion and a lamb lying down together.
I have a calligraphy calendar that a friend gave me years and years ago. Today's verse was this:

In that day, the wolf and the lamb will live together, the leopard and the goat will be at pace, calves andyearlings will be safe among lions ... and a little child will lead them all. Nothing will hurt or destroy on all my holy mountain.  (Isaiah 11.6&9)

I have been trying (for years) to present Bible stories to Kaity, just like I did with Emma at this age--but Kaity doesn't enjoy listening to stories! I had been praying about to do about this and I flipped over my calendar page just as I was praying and read the verse above. I knew that the Lord wanted me to continue talking to Kaity about the new heaven and the new earth that He will make for us.
We enjoyed coloring our pictures and visiting with Matey, who was obsessed with Kaity's orange marker!

 Thank you, Lord, for this time to share Your Word and Your Truth with Kaity. I ask You to comfort her heart and lead her to You in faith.

No comments: