Wednesday, August 12, 2020

August 11 Fun with Charlie ... and Playdoh

Tuesday:  We got "Charlie" out today because it had been SO long since we had seen him. Being that he is a "string" puppet (a marionette), he tends to get easily tangled. The last time I had him out, it took me nearly an hour to figure out how to untangle him--so I put him on a hanger and hung him in my front closet. Out of sight ... out of mind!

For Brendan's sake, I fetched Charlie out of hiding. I know he finds stuff like this highly interesting, and I knew Brendan would get at least a few moments of pleasure out of playing with him. I took the following pictures of just what happened.

I love to watch when Brendan is engaged with something he finds interesting. He's 100% into it. He's a smart little fellow, so he figures things out fast. Brendan was able to get Charlie to "walk", to bob his head, and even dance a little bit!

I'll just run these pictures ...


Aidan was quite freaked out by Charlie--not surprising--but his fright didn't last long because Aidan's sense of humor quickly overtakes him and soon he was just cracking up about the whole thing.









Later in the day, we ventured into Playdoh. I wasn't sure if this was smart or stupid of me to do with three children simultaneously--especially with their age difference--but no disasters occurred whatsoever.





 Everyone seemed to enjoy playing with the tools and shapes and moulds ... Aidan wanted his color of Playdoh changed about every three minutes ... but all and all, it was a very positive hour of play! 

No comments: