Wednesday, August 19, 2020

August 18 at my house

Tuesday:  I approached this day with greater joy than I have in a long time actually. I've cut down to one day (which only actually consists of 6 hours with the kiddos) per week instead of two. There is a lot of "stuff" going on in the family and in my own emotions right now--I found I was a bit overwhelmed, so I decided that in order to take care of myself, I needed to take one other day in the week to rest.

Tuesday, now, will be my only day with these munchkins. They are truly delightful and I love them so much. I had put this pom-pom on my head for a joke and then Aidan wanted to try it and have me take his picture. He absolutely kills me.
We all had a nice icecream treat ... a mini-cone, just the perfect size for these guys.



We watched two episodes of Winnie the Pooh today, while we were playing, and then on a whim, I decided to get some art stuff out at the table and see what would happen ...


All KINDS of good stuff happened! It was so much fun!

Here is Brendan drawing a "map."
Aidan was big-time into painting ssssssnakes ...
No matter how many pieces of paper I gave him, he announced that he was painting "sssssssnakes!"
Erin was a little bit tentative, but she was just fine ...
More sssssssnakes ...
Matey took it all in and was quite amused ...




 Afterwards, we cleaned up real quick and then headed on out to pick up Kaity ...

No comments: