Sunday, August 23, 2020

August 22 My birthday at Pere Marquette!

Saturday Afternoon:  I picked Kaity up today at 3:00. The plan was set--we were going to the beach! Today I had time to prep for such an occasion and packed my car accordingly. Towels, suits, toys, sunscreen, snacks ... everything was ready.

It was such a gorgeous afternoon to be at the beach. The water was colder than I like it, but I had no choice but to go in. Here is why:  at this particular place to swim, the water is shallow for a LONG way out. Kaity loves to swim UNDER the water, wearing her face mask, and she will do a lot of diving and sommersaults, etc. She does not enjoy being in water only up to her knees.
In order for her to be able to swim in the way she enjoys, I have to accompany her. It's simply too far away to stay warm and dry on the beach while she is such a distance away--in case any emergency arose on her behalf ...
It took me awhile, but I finally took the plunge. I swam with Kaity for the better part of an hour before I was just too cold. Kaity relented to play on the beach, close by where I could reach her if I had to.

I love these picures of Kaity digging in the sand. I love to dig in the dirt, sand or otherwise!






We learned that Emma and her friend, Jamie, were already out at Pere Marquette. We arranged to meet them near the end of our swimming time and bring them back to town with us! It was a double pleasure!

 What a nice way to spend my birthday afternoon! I was at one of my favorite beaches, with some of my favorite kiddos in the whole world! Thank you, Lord!

No comments: