Saturday, August 22, 2020

August 21 Just Brendan and I at the ZOO!

 Friday:  I got called into "work" (ha!) today due to unforeseen circumstances. Thankfully, the two "littles" were in their rooms when I arrived with Dylan "attempting" to get them to nap--so I was able to steal Brendan away for a short visit to the zoo--I haven't had a one-on-one with Brendan in SIX MONTHS. Yikes. Due to COVID shutting schools down, as well as a newborn in Brendan's household, I have been taking THREE kiddos instead of one at a time. So I really cherished this time with Brendan today. 

This is the new meerkat exhibit--Brendan had never seen it, so it was a real treat. However, we were at the zoo at prime time as far as HEAT is concerned, so the little creatures were rather lethargic--sigh. It was okay, though ...
One or two of them poked their little heads out from under their tunnels and logs to smile at us and pose for a picture or two.

I was glad Brendan was able to see the life-sized LEGO animals models ...




We also visited the Red Panda habitat. Wyatt was sound asleep and Wysabi was still in hiding with her newborn triplets (all female). We picked up a stuffed Wysabi (super cute) who asked us to bring her home with us. Brendan said he wanted me to take her to my house so that she could be with my stuffed Wyatt!
Brendan fed the budgies too ...
Brendan has always loved the budgies ... no wonder he loves my Matey-Bird so much.

Thank you, Lord, for this time at the zoo today! I love dear Brendan so much. You have answered so many prayers this summer regarding him and I am overwhelmed at Your kindness!

No comments: