Tuesday, April 15, 2008

An anniversary of sorts ...

"If I ride on the wings of the morning,
if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
even there your hand will guide me,
and your strength will support me."
PSALM 139:9-10

One year ago this very date, I became a blogger! I had enjoyed reading my friend Marion's blog for close to a year, enjoyed her amazing literary talent, and completely envied the fact that she was able to photojournal her family's life. For a few weeks last year, I toyed around with trying to set up this blog, completely lost one in the process (forgot my passwords, etc.) and then finally settled into this format ...


It's been a fun year, and yes ~ I admit I am a blog addict! But any time I want to, day or night, I can click on to see what's new in my sister's life, or what Sabrina's family has been up to, or what to pray for about Nate and Trish, or take a little peak and see what Diana and the kids have been doing, or read the wonderful writing of Rachel, connect with my niece Shelley, hope to hear from Jesse, or just brouse the blogosphere! I'm so thankful for this small way to express our love for each other, aren't you?


P.S. The sea gull picture was taken while aboard the ferry crossing from Galveston Island to Port Bolivar, and the lighthouse is the Port Bolivar lighthouse.

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Happy Anniversary Mom on your blogging! My one year must be coming up soon too since I think I started after you did. I'm so glad we have this link- its just one way to make the distance seem a bit bearable.

Mom Jones said...

Hi Bree: Yes ... it makes it SOMEWHAT bearable ... takes the edge off the pain at least! :)

We received our nicely packaged garment bag about an hour ago ... thanks so much for sending it! Give Jackson and Karis big kisses and tell them we LOVED their pictures they sent us, OK?

Ruthanne said...

I agree, Carol! I feel much more connected to you this year because I know what is going on in your life - I love seeing your pictures, hearing what you are doing and being able to comment. What fun! As I have told you before, you are a wonderful writer and photographer- your blog is always fun and interesting to read. I am inspired to do the same - I'm practicing. I'm not as good a writer and I always forget to take pictures!!! Last night I was a great Tiger ball game and completely forgot my camera! I am learning.

JonesChronicles said...

Happy Blogiversary!