Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Day Two in Houston

My pictures finally uploaded tonight after Mr. Jones spent an hour or more this morning working on our laptop trying to figure out WHAT I'd done to make it go haywire! I am a speed typist and this might be what is causing our laptop to mess up ~ I once typed so fast (years ago), I blew the computer chip right out of my word processor (like I said, this was years ago!). Anyway, I'm going to make an effort to keep my fingers SLOW! Here is our second day in Houston with pictures! This beautiful flower is right out front of Aunt Peg's house ~ isn't it gorgeous?
We arrived at Nick and Rachel's at about 10:00 in the morning. We came bearing gifts ~ some puzzles for Nathan (and eventually Nia and #3) to enjoy ... we even bought one especially for BOO!
Nathan was really pleased with these puzzles! We had picked them up over at the zoo in Austin at the gift shop that had such reasonable prices ...
Since it was raining outside, we decided to go over to IKEA and do some shopping. I bought a few small items for our kitchen at home, Nathan got to play with toys and try out furniture, plus Nathan picked out a stuffed turtle to take home with him. Prices at IKEA are hard to beat and it's just a nice place to shop.
By about 2:00 this afternoon, we drove to a nearby park to play. It's a really nice place with wide-open space to run and let loose! There is also a great playground there. So we played and talked and enjoyed each other's company another few hours there.
Baby Nia (Queenie) was a bit too tired to do the playground routine ~ she is too little anyway ~ so she very wisely slept through much of the time here!
And look at Nathan's new friend ~ young Mr. Turtle! He kind of attached himself to Nathan while at IKEA ... he ate lunch with us (and got his foot kind of soaked in the ketchup), he even helped Nathan clean some of the floors at IKEA while we were all walking around (Nathan literally was using this turtle as a floor mop) ... so for $5.99 it was hard to resist bringing him on home! Don't worry, Boo! You haven't been replaced ... you just have an extra playmate!
Mr. Turtle likes to race and play ... good thing, because there is NO stopping Mr. Personality (Nathan) once he gets going ...
Nia Madelynn finally woke up and decided to have some fun afterall!
We played for over two hours at this beautiful playground and walked a little bit on the grounds around the park ... isn't this a nice family picture (below)?
We met Aunt Peg at 6:00 for dinner over at Chuy's (I spelled the name of this restaurant incorrectly in my prior post), a nice little Mexican place and enjoyed a yummy, spicy, delicious and authentic-type Mexican dinner, all of us together. We had a very nice and quiet day, mostly relaxing and just taking it easy.
Tomorrow, Aunt Peg has invited us over to the Marathon Building for an event with a racecar and a Nascar driver, etc. at about 11:00 in the morning. Afterwards, we're going to drive out to Galveston Island and walk the beach and enjoy the fresh air. I can't wait!!
Another beautiful flower from out front of Peg's house ... I'll have to show you some pictures of her condo at another time ~ I haven't really asked her permission and I should do that before I let everyone peak in at her life, right?

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I see all the pictures! I love IKEA too so glad that you got to go and check it out again. I love the turtle too and the puzzle for Boo! Very fun day! Sorry it's taken me so long to comment- we've been havign some computer issues with mine since you left.