Monday, April 7, 2008

Galveston Island to Little Rock, Arkansas

Tonight we are staying in Little Rock, Arkansas at the downtown Comfort Inn & Suites right next to the Clinton Library! WOW, huh? I don't think we will take the time to visit the library before leaving town tomorrow morning ... nothing personal (!)

It goes without saying that we are no longer in Texas. It took all day to drive through this massive state. We took the I-59 route that Nick recommended and had a real pleasant drive. The east side of this state is completely opposite of the west side, and at times, it felt similar to driving through the northern part of Lower Michigan at the peak of summer ~ all green and lush ~ and the wildflowers all along the way were just amazing in all of their color and beauty.

But the further we drove, the heavier my heart became! We were leaving Texas! Leaving so many dear folk we love ... and who can say when the next time will be that we see their faces? Unless you have family that live very far away from you, you cannot know this heartache ... and that's exactly what it is ... my heart hurts tonight.

I had a lot of time to talk to our kind Father along our route throughout the day, so I was telling Him about my struggle ... He reminded me to give thanks instead of thinking about the sadness. So that's what I did. I reviewed the great time we had with each family here in Texas, with each grandchild and parent(s), all the fun stuff we did, the fellowship, the good conversations, the laughter and hugs ... isn't God amazingly good to us?

"Though I sit in darkness, the LORD himself
will be my light ...
the LORD will bring me out of my darkness
into the light,
and I will see His righteousness."
MICAH 7:8 & 9

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Our hearts are saddened too so thank you for the reminder to give thanks for what we do have- our time together, the anticipation for the next visit, e-mail, blogs and phone calls. My kids have been calling you each day at least once to talk.