Monday, April 7, 2008

We say good-by to all of the folk in Houston ...

We worshipped Sunday morning with Nick and Rachel and the McNeil's at Houston Northwest, a church located in the northwest section of Houston (duh!). Since Nick and Rachel have only recently moved into the city of Houston, they are still seeking out a church for regular worship. They had tried Houston Northwest last week and decided to go back yesterday with all of us.
We enjoyed the worship service very much: the music was beautiful, and the young pastor is doing a series from the epistle to the Hebrews ~ his sermon was very challenging.
In the entryway to the auditorium, there is a lot of beautiful artwork ... very creative ... I liked it very much.
We intended to go out to lunch with everyone, but some circumstances changed so Mr. Jones and I went back to Aunt Peg's place to pack up and head out to Galveston Island. Here is Grandpa Jones saying good-by to baby Nia ...
Nathan gave us big hugs and kisses good-by. Grandma McNeil had been dubbed the "new" granny and I was referred to as the "old" granny ... because Nathan was having a bit of trouble having two granny's present at the same time ~ so since I had arrived in Houston earlier than Granny McNeil, I was the "old" granny ... and the newly arrived Granny McNeil was the "new" granny. Actually, none of the other grandkids refer to me as "granny" and it was kind of fun to be called that! Everyone laughed as Nathan said to me: "Bye-bye old granny." Mr. Jones, of course, had a different take on the "old" designation, but we won't go into that here!!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I like that artwork too. Very beautiful from what I see. Sorry that the time had to be cut short- goodbyes are always so hard!

Anonymous said...

I like the artwork, too. Icons are great aren't they?