Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Emma, dear Emma

This past weekend was Emma's 13th birthday, which is a very big deal for so many reasons … not to mention (!!) the fact that I am NOW grandmother to a teenager. Whew.
Emma's birthday party sleepover was Saturday. Those of us NOT sleeping over came to the party at 4:00 and left by about 6:00 or so.  
 I had already given Emma her presents while she was at my house the prior Monday--the LEGO sets she had ordered. When she was ordering them, I told her thirteen is a very BIG deal birthday and that she could go over budget if she wanted to--I mean, how many times in your life are you going to turn THIRTEEN? As Emma looked through the LEGO catalog, she picked out two sets and only went $5 above her normal budget. So … I decided to purchase some pretty outfits for her. Kohl's had an amazing sale!
 This is Emma opening the card I made for her.


 Each separate piece of clothing was wrapped in tissue paper and there was a special message written on each one. For this first present, I wrote: "Because you love pink."
 Inside was a pretty pair of PINK stretch capris!
 I think this package's message was: "I love your laughter." I love the colors in this shirt which says: Be-YOU-tiful, which I think is a very wonderful message!
 On this next package I wrote: "Because you love to ride horses."
 And inside was this pretty peach-colored very soft T-shirt with … horses.


 This next little package said: "Emma, you are a treasure!"
 Inside was a 3-some necklace that could be worn in a variety of ways. There were a few more outfits too, but I did not photograph Emma opening them … but you get the idea anyway.
 The next packages were from Dylan, Kelly and Brendan. More pretty clothing! Kelly and I met each other at Kohl's Friday afternoon and shopped for Emma together. Kelly's advice was really helpful to me in what I chose for Ems. Didn't Kelly pick out a pretty camp for Emma?
 And this amazing owl shirt too!
 And I like this LOVE is EVERYWHERE hoodie too! Good job picking stuff out Kelly!
 THEN … Emma opened the things from her mom and dad … LEGOS!
 Emma got the same birthday present as I did … Emma and I picked out this very lighthouse for my birthday from the LEGO catalog, and I ordered it when I ordered her LEGO sets. I have my lighthouse in the box in the closet waiting for Emma to come over and help me build it. And now Emma has a lighthouse of her own! Yay!
 And look at her happy face when she sees what is inside this really BIG package from her folks ...
 This is the set she has wanted for quite awhile. She was VERY pleased.
Emma! How can you possibly be thirteen? I love you so much, dear granddaughter! YOU have been a gift to ME--always!

No comments: