Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Overnight Friday in Muskegon

My friend and her husband took a long weekend up north; and while they were away, I stayed at their house--which is located one block off Lake Michigan. It is their year-round home and it is just beautiful inside and out. 
 I left work a tiny bit early Friday afternoon and was walking the beach by 5:00. It was one of those hazy, cloudy, humid, misty-kind of nights ...
 So me and my camera did a lot of walking ...
 I love this spot, no matter what the season or weather--it is just lovely all the time.
 I especially love the small pier where the NOAA field station is located ...
 While I was admiring one of my favorite lighthouses, the absolute strangest flying "bug" I have ever seen paid me a visit. Do you see it?
 It looked like a flying fish skeleton--seriously! And it hovered around me while I snapped it's picture. Isn't it the oddest thing you have ever seen?!
 I would like to find out what on earth it is! I haven't any idea because I have never encountered anything like it before in my life!
 Such a pretty view!

 I have altered a few of these photos below, just because I like the effect … it is called "water color pencil."

 What a great pier, don't you think?

 The waves were rolling in very nicely Friday night. There were lots of people out swimming, but it was a red flag day, so I did not participate!

 I took SO many pictures.






 Friday night zoomed on by between walking the beach, downloading photos and editing them, reading and relaxing.
It was a wonderful overnight in every way.

No comments: