Friday, August 14, 2015

The kiddos and I go to Grand Haven!

Monday is a good day to go to the beach. It is far less crowded than on a weekend, even in the middle of summer when everyone is off from school. I cannot believe that this is the first time EVER that I have been with these beautiful grandchildren at my favorite spot (practically) on earth! After our Sunday night sleepover, and after the 3-hour pouring down rain here at my house, we pulled out Monday morning and drove to Grand Haven. Yes!
We had an agenda: (1)  Walk the pier all the way to the END.  
 The boys do not understand the meaning of WALK, so they ran!
 Emma and I strolled. I told of many of my favorite memories of this beautiful place.
 Emma loves a good story.


 When we got to the END, the kiddos climbed the steps as far as they could go and I snapped their picture . . .
 Don't they look great?
 We even SAT for two seconds on the very very end of the pier and saw a few boats go by and watched the waves crash against the pier.


 Then we walked back to where we had parked ...

 What a completely beautiful day to be here at Grand Haven.

 I told the boys they could climb on any rocks that did not dump them into the lake or the channel . . .

 Number two on the Agenda:  (2)  Run and play on the beach! We drove to a parking lot that was closer to the beach area where we wanted to swim.
 The water was a lot colder than I expected, but we all got ourselves IN and swam and played for the longest time.

 It is so much fun and so relaxing to be at the beach.

 Emma started digging a tunnel from the lake to where I had started digging a fancy hole further inland.
 We decided to see if I could dig really deep into this hole and if Emma dug down deep coming from the other direction, could we actually join our tunnels?!
 Matthew enjoyed himself hugely in the water and out of the water!




 We buried Emma and tried to make her look like a mermaid.
 After much effort, we finally joined our two digging spots and met in the middle!
 We enjoyed some snacks too!

After we were finished playing in the sand and swimming, we packed ourselves up and headed down to Snug Harbor for some food! I will post more pictures later!

No comments: