Saturday, August 29, 2015

More birthday fun ...

Several weeks ago when we were ordering LEGOS for Emma's birthday, she reminded me about the LEGO lighthouse that she had seen in the catalog, and wanted me to order it. I had told her last year that I would purchase it one day for MYSELF. It turns out that Emma's mom found a really nice deal on this very LEGO set and got it for EMMA'S birthday.
 Now both Emma and I have a LEGO lighthouse. The kiddos came over last Sunday afternoon for a little while. We opened up my LEGO set and Emma, Matthew and I put it all together. Emma wasn't sure I would be able to do this without her help. There were a LOT of steps to the construction, but we did it!
 Emma directed the whole project ...
 Emma is an excellent builder and always has been. The boys are great at building too. Aren't LEGOS such a wonderful toy?
 We made room for my lighthouse over on my shelves (which need cleaning in the worst way!)
I think it looks perfect there on a nice white shelf in my Beach House. 
 The kiddos made cards for me while I was fixing all of us something to eat. Below is the front of Matthew's card.
 And below is the inside of Chris's card. He even drew me up in the very top (which he knew would be my favorite spot!)
 This is the poem on the inside: Roses are green (?!?!?), you are so pretty, you make the boys scream. Well, that certainly is not true but I will take that as a compliment anyway, Christopher.
 The back and front of Christopher's card are showing his Panther school spirit ...
Below is the inside of Matthew's card: Dear Grandma: "I hope you won't get lonely in your house. Happy Birthday." That is so sweet, Matthew. I am NOT lonely in my dear little house, at least not often.
 The inside of Emma's card: "I love you, Grandma. I hope you have a good birthday. Have fun at the beach with friends. I love you." XOXO  Thank you, Emma! I love the wavy lake you colored and the beautiful clouds too!
 Emma used my stamps to decorate the front and back of her card. 

These are the real treasures of a birthday, aren't they?

No comments: