Sunday, April 8, 2018

A 90-minute walk today!

Sunday afternoon, April 8:  A week ago, I walked FOUR miles in the afternoon. I didn't start my walk until late in the afternoon this week and I wasn't sure where I was going to go, except I wanted to explore a few things in the opposite direction from last week. 



 This pre-spring time of year can be pretty colorless and dull ... but the sun was shining today (even though it was in the 30's ALL DAY LONG), so I just dressed warmly and put on my hiking boots and I was ready to go! I walked towards Northland today because I wanted THIS view (above & below) of the Grand River ...

 It can be a little bit frustrating to walk along this stretch .. because either there are NO TRESSPASSING signs posted everywhere OR you run into THORNS that block your way!
 These are NOT tiny thorns!



 Oh! And who knew! There is an actual TUNNEL that goes underneath Cannonsburg Road!

 I walked it today and I was SO GLAD IT WAS THERE!

 It took me right where I wanted to go next!
 Over to Boulder Creek ... to explore the golf course a little bit!
I've never done much walking on a golf course--no occasion to, since I DO NOT GOLF. I really had no idea how LONG and WINDING these pathways were!
I followed some geese to one of the small ponds and watched them for awhile.

It almost looks like FALL in these pictures! There really isn't much color this time of year. I am anticipating everything greening up pretty soon.

With or without much color, I still find these photos beautiful ... so quiet ... so peaceful. 
It truly felt like I walked a forever ... I was uncertain how I was going to get back out to Cannonsburg without cutting across one of the greens ... but even a nongolfer like me knows that people do NOT cut across the green with their walking boots on.
I loved the blue blue sky and the pretty reflections ...

Finally! the pathway wound around to where I was familiar--I have walked this part of the golf path before.
There is a tiny opening in the fence that leads out to Canonsburg ... I never noticed that the sign has posted No Tresspassing signs on it before ... oops.
This is the little Bible church just before the greenhouses and then the road to my house!



Well, I certainly walked a LONG WAY today. I am pretty sure it was another FOUR miles. I need to walk more regularly ... I sit too much!

No comments: