Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Four hours of completely FREE therapy ...

Monday, April 23:  It has become part of my weekly routine Monday mornings to come over to Dylan and Kelly's to take care and love on baby Aidan while Kelly goes to clients and Dylan goes to Acton. I usually arrive right about 9AM, the time this adorable little person is waking up. Dylan is home with him--Kelly's work day has already begun. So Dylan changes Aidan and hands him off to me.
 We usually play for a little while before it is time for Aidan to eat. He has a host of allergies: gluten, dairy, peanuts, eggs, etc. so it's not like I can just put any sort of food on his tray. He's a patient little person, though, so Dylan and I dug around in the kitchen to find something non-allergic for him to eat. He wasn't terribly pleased with what was put before him, but he did eat about a half piece of gluten-free toast with special allergy-free butter and 100% natural strawberry jam on it. He ate a few bites of his fruit bar, and he threw most of the meat bar off his tray in an instant. I decided he must not be terribly hungry, so we played instead.
 The most fun part of my morning I have no pictures of! Perhaps it is just this particular time of day, but for the last three weeks, Aidan will bring me one of his favorite books, sit on my lap, and we will read it over and over again while we laugh and play. I usually rock him while the reading is going on.
 This time, however, we were NOT sitting in the rocker--we were sitting in the middle of the room on the floor. We put down our "Animals in the Forest" book and Aidan turned around and laid his head near my heart. We sang some songs and rocked while I rubbed his back and his little legs, and his chubby arms, and his dimpled elbows and whispered little words of love to him.
 Aidan surprises me every week--I am always 100% SURE that after 5 minutes, he will scooch away and start playing again, but it happened exactly the same THIS week as it had the prior TWO weeks. This little child just melted into my embrace and fell soundly asleep.
 He makes the dearest little sighs while he sleeps. I rubbed his head (it is SO SOFT) and his elfish ears, kissed his little cheeks while he gave me sleepy smiles ... and he drifted off into dream land while I felt my heart just overflow with the JOY of this little person.
Aidan did not wake up until his mama came through the front door! He was happy to see her, but--and I say this cautiously--he was NOT desperate to leave me. I think I am loved by this tiny boy. I'm glad about that! Praise to the LORD, who gives us family to love.

No comments: