Wednesday, April 11, 2018

A third teenager!!!

Tuesday, April 10:  Thirteen years ago Matthew John was born into the world. It is very hard for me to wrap my mind around this !!!  He was my THIRD grandchild in 32 months, so he was probably under-appreciated at the time. What really stuck out about him was his BLUE blue blue eyes--something very unique in our family (although MY side of the family is completely BLUE).


We had celebrated Matthew's special day almost three weeks earlier--because his LEGOS arrived, and he was very anxious to put his models together--besides the fact that I was uncertain of his plans the next few weekends. So I'm glad we celebrated early.

Matthew has grown a lot this year--I don't mean his height (although he IS taller). I have been praying that he would KNOW how much God loves him and the fact that God has a special plan, definite intentions for his life. I've asked that God would give Matthew eyes to SEE Him, and ears that LISTEN to Him, and a heart that is soft and obedient to His Word. Matthew has a lot of questions. I'm so glad he asks them! We have a good time with our Bible stories. I love to see Matthew's art work. God has given him a special gift in his artistry.

I love you, Matthew. God loves you and has good things in mind for your life IF you will believe and follow Him. I am so glad you still come over to my house and that I get to share Jesus with you. I love being your grandma.

No comments: