Sunday, April 8, 2018

Another happy Thursday ...

Thursday, April 5:  How do weeks go by so quickly? This was an exceptionally busy week for me, covering for my co-worker while she was away on spring break. BUT that did NOT mean that I couldn't see these guys AFTER work, right?!!!
 Look at Aidan's darling face! And his chubby hands ... and soft cheeks. I love this little baby so much.
 Aidan, however, adores his mom AND his dad too!
 Such a great smile Kelly has! I think she is beautiful. This was our usual meeting place--Goldfish--and then Brendan and I went over to my house to play for a little while.
 We did a bunch of stuff, but Brendan wanted the Resurrection Eggs to play with again this week. He remembered all of the symbols inside the eggs.
 Brendan said he was making a circle with them to tell the story. I decided to elaborate on the beginning part of the story when Jesus was riding into Jerusalem on the little donkey. Remember how the children were singing and waving their palm branches? What were they singing?! "Hosanna! Hosanna in the highest!" I told Brendan that the church leaders were angry about the little children honoring Jesus with those words and told Jesus to make the children stop! Brendan looked at me questioningly. I explained that the church leaders back then did not want Jesus to be king, especially over their hearts.
 Then I asked Brendan if he could think of what Jesus said to those angry leaders. "No." Brendan did not know. I told him the part of the story where Jesus told the angry leaders that if the little children were not shouting out Hossana, that the rocks would cry it out instead! "The ROCKS?!?!?!?" asked Brendan rather incredulously (and very amused). YES, I told him. God made the little children, and God made the rocks too. If the little children were not allowed to sing praises to Him, then the rocks would just have to do it!
Brendan liked that part of the story. As we were leaving where I live to drive Brendan home, we passed by this pile of rocks. As we drove by them, I said in a strange voice, "Hossana! Hossana in the Highest!" And then I said, "WHAT?" "Did you hear that, Brendan?" Brendan started laughing as we backed my car up to where the rocks were, and then we pretended that the rocks were crying out their praises to Jesus! 

No comments: