Sunday, April 22, 2018

My girls ...

Saturday, April 21:  Today ended up being a girls-only afternoon, rather unintentionally! The boys were at home playing video games on a wide-screen--going to grandma's just can't compete with that! So just the girls came over. The weather has finally broken and it looks like spring might just show up after all!
 Kaitlynn loves the outdoors. She has been itching to play outside for weeks. I'm so glad the weather will soon afford lots of outdoor exploration, etc.
 But today, it was bubbles ... lots and lots of bubbles!


 Kaity was into it 100% ... with a great deal of JOY too.


 I love her to pieces, this little pixy-girl.




 After a little bit, Emma came out and did bubbles with us too. Emma! How can you be this grown up? It was just a blink ago and you were Kaity's age ...
 Emma was super good at making HUGE bubbles ... because she was patient enough to learn the wind direction, etc.
 Kaity's goal was to pop every bubble in sight ...


 Kaity was using one of the wands as her "sword."



 It was super fun to be with these two. Ten years apart is quite a stretch, and especially at this age. Kaity adores Emma and Emma is ... almost sixteen and pretty weary of the antics of her sister. However, I know Emma loves her. 


 After being outside for awhile, we went inside and did our Bible story about "the road to Emmaus." The girls colored pictures as I taught. We had a very nice story time. The road to Emmaus is one of my all-time favorite Bible stories and it was really special to teach it to these girls of mine.
After the story was over, Kaity noticed that one of my placemats has the alphabet, upper case on one side, and lower case on the other with spaces to practice each letter. She asked if she could do this with me and I SAID YES!!! I was happily surprised at how much Kaity has learned at her Readiness Kindergarten this year. She wrote each letter and said each sound. I was SUPER pleased with the phonics thing and Kaity seemed very proud to show me her stuff. She even did the lower case letters and only messed up on a few.
 Kaity played with the trains too. We added our Playmobile horses to our story and had a good time together.



Such a nice few hours together! On the way home, we stopped by the high school parking lot for Emma to practice her parking skills. She is in driver's training now. She is already an excellent driver--I knew she would be. She is smart and careful and has a lot of respect for the responsibility of driving. It was very fun to see her at the wheel! 

No comments: