Sunday, April 29, 2018

Emma is a techie!

Saturday Night, April 28:  Emma joined the drama team at her high school a few months ago. The spring play was chosen and it was going to be: "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat" (Andrew Lloyd Weber). She was pretty pumped about it. I asked her if she was going to try out for any part in the play--but she said she was "too chicken" so she was going to do the LIGHTS.

 My personal opinion is that Emma could have tried out and done many of the parts in the play--she would have done a very good job! But I am still very pleased that she was part of this production and was the lighting person for the play. 
 I attended the performance Saturday night. Emma was SO excited about the whole thing. As usual, she was exceedingly uncooperative about my snapping her picture. PLUS, she would not let me anywhere NEAR the lighting booth. SO ... I found myself a very excellent seat up high in the middle section (Emma advised that this area would give me the best view for pictures).

 I'm going to have to narrate this at a later date ... and that is NOW ...
This is the first time I've ever seen this "musical" and I have to say how much I truly enjoyed it. The music was very fun. The performances were quite good, when you consider this is a high school drama team.
I'm struggling to remember each song these photos represent; but the musical does try to follow the Biblical account of the story of Joseph ... how his father favored him, bought him a beautiful many-colored coat, etc. Joseph's dreams were mentioned and the hatred/jealousy of his brothers, and then finally his pretend demise of death but actually being sold into slavery in Egypt, etc.
Below is Joseph in prison, after Potiphar's wife tried to seduce him, but Joseph refused ...
... and then the dreams of the butler and the baker ...



And then Pharoah's dream and Joseph interpreting it ...

Pharoah was patterned after Elvis ... it was a very funny song ...

And the brother's back in Canaan starving from the famine ...



And Joseph's brothers coming to Egypt where Joseph has been made #2 man in the country ...


And how Joseph tests the brothers by returning their grain money and hiding his silver cup in Benjamin's sack ...



And Joseph's reunion with Jacob ...







We folk in the audience were commanded NOT to use flash photography ... I was very careful to obey this rule and was sternly warned by Emma to NOT forget!
I was very skeptical that any of these photos would turn out ... but the lighting (thank you, Emma!) was so beautifully done, that the quality of these pictures are much better than I had anticipated.
This is the entire cast and all of the directors and musicians together ... very nice! Emma was super pumped about being part of this whole production. I am so glad for her! I love to see her this happy.

No comments: