Sunday, April 1, 2018

A FOUR MILE walk!!

Easter Sunday 2018:  My mom and I attended the 9am service at Calvary this morning. What a wonderful celebration it was! Baptism testimonies too! Beautiful music! And such a sermon about RESTORATION after failure. So thankful! Mom had a gift certificate to Olive Garden, so we ate a very early lunch there ... for free! 
This afternoon, I decided to take a nice long walk. Never mind that it was 31 degrees and windy! I bundled up like a mummy, put on my hiking boots, grabbed my camera, and I was on my way. I wondered how far it would be to walk north up Chauncey (I usually walk south), to 7 Mile and then take 7 Mile over to Blakely and then Blakely down to Cannonsburg and back to my house.
 Why not? It was SO gorgeous out!
 This little animal scene is .5 miles from my house. AND ... well look! You would think I was in Waco, Texas or something! I watched these guys from behind this tree for a little while and then I thought I'd just get closer to the fence and get a nice picture ...
 Well! They all decided to come and take a look AT ME!

 That's when I bolted! I'm a little leary of large animals, fence or no fence!
 GREEN LEAVES! Yes! 
 I liked this house very much ...
 It looks SO forlorn ...
 I love this effect ... it looks like a pen and ink drawing (my favorite kind).  
 I LOVE trees ... aren't they gorgeous?
 I HATE NO TRESSPASSING SIGNS!!!! And usually, I'm not too terribly careful about them ... but hey--I really don't want to get shot.
 This is my favorite picture of the afternoon (below).


 And I like this quiet little spot below ... I know there isn't much color this time of the year, but don't you think the subtle tones and soft hues are so alluring during this transition from winter to spring?

No comments: