Monday, April 23, 2018

Sunday afternoon adventures ...

Sunday, April 22:  It seems that Sunday afternoons lately have been my days to walk, walk, walk! I think (although I am not positive) that I walked FIVE miles this time because at the start of my walk I had one thing in mind, but then it turned out that the road I had hoped to explore was actually PRIVATE (although NOT marked as such) and there was this BIG dog ...
 So instead of exploring this one road that is a opposite of Blakely and is marked as a "Trail" I had to reverse my steps and take my course down Chauncey. The picture above, however, is right off Cannonsburg Rd, in between Chauncey and Blakely, on the south side of the road. It's PRIVATE too, but I did NOT tresspass to take the picture.
 The pictures above is of the little stream that leads to the dam that is off Chauncey. The building to the right of the picture is part of the old "Imperial Mill." It's a very pretty spot and the sound of the water is very delightful.
 I got it into my head that I would just walk the entirety of Chauncey Avenue, even when the pavement turns to dirt and it is designated an "historic scenic road", so I walked it all the way to FIVE Mile ...
 There isn't much color to the woods this time of year, but I can't help myself ... I just love being out in the woods when there are just birds and squirrels and other woodsy sounds. The color will come and with it will come mosquitoes, bees, and other undesireable insects--which usually keep me away from woodsy places.
 I walked all along five mile road until Petits finally shows up and then I just walked my very favorite part of Petits all the way down to Canonsburg. I saw some very lovely little scenes along the way ...


 I love this little farm ...


This just seems like a perfect place to me ... well, it would be perfect IF Lake Michigan was just beyond those trees ... 





 When I finally turned on Canonsburg once again, I was SUPER exhausted. My feet were burning ... but I kept telling myself that I only had about 1.5 miles to go ... so I just kept walking!
I made it home, safe and sound, after three solid hours of being outdoors in the beauty and fresh air. Hopefully, the walk was good for my health! 

No comments: