Sunday, April 22, 2018

Thursday's Child ...

Thursday, April 19:  Brendan brought over his battery-powered Brio engine tonight and built a layout especially for it. Brendan is a meticulous builder--I don't mess with him when he is designing how he wants his tracks to go ... because he simply does not want to be interfered with!
So this is Brendan's layout. He played and played with it while I was fixing our dinner and afterwards too. He makes great train sound effects and usually has a whole story-line going too about the trains de-railing or needing some kind of maintenance from our crane, etc. 
 Brendan is used to playing by himself. He rarely needs to be "entertained"; however, he is QUITE entertaining!




 Then we switched to the LEGO lighthouse and had another adventure with those guys and their ice-cream shop. It seems that the LEGO seal owned the ice-cream shop AND the lighthouse. The girls were only there visiting and ordering ice-cream.

 I love watching this little soul pretend and act out his imaginings. He is such a delightful little person.
When I drove Brendan home, I got to tuck him in and read him a story. We read about Ansansi the Spider (shocking, I know! ME? a spider story?!). Brendan enjoyed it so much I had to read it 2x!

No comments: