Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Filled up with LOVE

Monday, April 9:  I arrived at 9:00 Monday morning and was greeted at the door by a very happy, "It's GRANDMA!" No. It was not baby Aidan who spoke these words--it was BRENDAN! I was so surprised--you see, he is usually in school every Monday, Wednesday and Friday over at Trinitas--but his teacher (sadly) was sick today so she cancelled class! 
 This tiny charmer is always happy to see me. It does my heart good (seriously good) ... Aidan has the sweetest little heart. He has a morning routine that works very well actually. He gets up, has his diaper changed, plays a little bit, sits in his highchair and eats and then when his tummy is full, if you give him some toys or books, he'll stay right there in the high chair while the kitchen is being cleaned up (if you are so inclined to cleaning that is).
 Aidan's diet is dairy-free, gluten-free, and completely 100% peanut-free. I was shown how to use the sample epi-pen just in case it was needed. Dear little soul. Look at his precious face!
 Aidan has a very ready sense of humor. He cracks me up. And he loves to play hide 'n seek, even if you are just hiding your face behind your hands--he gets so amused.

 Oh! the following pictures are a life-sized drawing/pasting-up of Brendan that he did at school with the help of his teacher.
 Sections lift up and you can see the organs, muscles and bones beneath ...


 Brendan especially likes the BRAIN ...
 I added a few orthopedic terms to Brendan's vocabulary just for fun ...

 Our baby Aidan is a reader. He sincerely loves books. He has favorites, naturally, and even favorite pages and pictures of each book.
 He is seriously into books ...
 Isn't he darling?


 I'm not one bit prejudiced! 
After an hour in the highchair, Brendan was a little bit sleepy, so he snuggled up with me on the rocking chair. We read some books, while Brendan was playing nearby (I neglected to take any Brendan pictures today!) and pretty soon Aidan's eyes grew heavy. He hugged and patted my face. He smiled up at me. He adored me with his beautiful eyes. He reached his chubby hand up to my boat necklace and chewed on it awhile, and then drifted off to sleep in my arms. Such a GIFT. Such LOVE. I am blessed.

No comments: