Sunday, April 29, 2018

Lacrosse!?!?!?

Saturday Afternoon, April 28:  I guess there IS something new under the sun ... today was my very FIRST viewing of Lacrosse in my entire life!
 Christopher is on a league team that plays for Comstock Park, same colors, same name of Panthers but somehow NOT a school team but rather a league--kind of like rocket football (Diana explained this to me). Chris's best friend in the world, Tyler, also plays on this league. What an interesting game!
 Chris told me today that it is a mix of soccer, hockey and football! Who thinks this stuff up?!
 Chris's team pretty much killed Lowell's team--I think the final score was 15 to 6. They played very well--I was impressed with the team work and the all-around effort. I'm glad Chris is enjoying sports, and I'm glad he has a best friend to do sports with! What great memories these boys will have!
 It was 52 degrees and VERY windy. On the sidelines, we were super cold. I regretted not wearing my winter coat!
 Larry and Judy were there watching the game with Diana, and were better prepared for the cold. I'm so glad I went. It was nice to sit with Diana and her folks and just chat throughout the game.

 Good job, Panthers!

No comments: