Sunday, April 22, 2018

Monday's ice brings these two sweeties ...

Monday, April 15:  It has been an odd few days, even for Michigan! Churches were closed, almost city-wide yesterday due to an ice/snow/sleet event that began early Saturday morning and continued on through Monday. Since I was a bit timid about driving Monday morning, Kelly brought Aidan and Brendan to me! Brendan's school had been cancelled, but Kelly still had "clients" and needed a caretaker for these small boys ...
 Brendan, however, is used to having me all to himself while at my house ... Aidan is just at that age (13 months) where he needs a great deal of my attention! So ...
 We did fine all together, it was just "different." 
 Baby Aidan likes it over here--I'm so glad! He played with this toy (below) for close to an hour, exploring all of the various parts to it. It happens to be one of my oldest toys -- well, oldest/new toys not counting the ones I still have from MY boys. All of the grands have enjoyed this toy so much.
 I let Brendan "pig out" on my computer for awhile. Five years is a big gap between these boys right now and they don't really "play" together.
 It was pretty cold and miserable outside, so we just hunkered down and stayed where it was warm and safe.
 The hours went by ... without this stinker taking one single nap!
 Aidan is not much of a sleeper it seems! He is SO SOCIAL and just can't stand it if anything else is going on around him--he doesn't want to miss anything!
 By the time his mama arrived to pick him up, he was pretty exhausted ... still sweet though, still cuddly and warm and soft and still such a dear baby ...

No comments: