Saturday, July 15, 2023

July 13 Thursday's Walk

There is a LOT of wide-open, undeveloped BEACH at the bottom of the hill where Christy's cottage is located. I decided to try and walk as far south as I could go. Here is what I saw along the way:

This is the path/road that takes you down to the beach ... it's a long way down!

The path turns and then forks off to the right and left. If you turn left, you come to these stairs which go down to the sand and water. Delicious!
The weather could not have been more perfect. Clear skies! Light breeze. Even though there was hardly any wind, the sound of the surf was very strong and the most beautiful thing to listen to.


There are private cottages all along this beach, which runs almost two miles out to the very tip there--and I'm not sure what is beyond that.
My goal was to walk to the very end to see what was around the bend ...
The seagulls are not even afraid of people here ... they just step aside and let people walk by ...

I didn't make it to the tip ... you see, it was quite sunny and I failed to put any sunscreen on whatsoever. I was afraid my feet would get fried and then I would be miserable, etc. So I turned around and walked back up to the cottage. I did manage to walk 1.5 miles south--perhaps tomorrow I'll try it again.


No comments: