Friday, July 21, 2023

July 20 with KT

Thursday:  Kaity really really REALLY wanted to go swimming today--but the weather had been predicted to be stormy all afternoon today, so I didn't think it would be possible. However, it rained perhaps 30 minutes (a downpour) and then cleared up afterwards! The sun came out, the temps were mild, and it would have been a pretty good afternoon to swim. But ... I couldn't find a place for us to do that this afternoon. My friend, Brenda, was not available out at her condo that has the nice pool. Kaity didn't want to go to VerSluis (I don't blame her), and Lake Michigan was just too far to drive to (and had beach warnings up).

So we just stayed here and hung out together. Kaity was in an unusually talkative and pleasant frame of mind today, for which I was truly grateful. I love hanging out with her, listening to her talk, finding out what she thinks about, and just BEING with her. 

We played four rounds of UNO and Kaity won them ALL. 


Oh.my.word. Kaity looks SO MUCH like Chris in these pictures!
We did get on-line and order a few necessary items this afternoon--like a gift for Kenzie, and also for Emma (their birthdays are on the SAME day, different years). While we were on-line, we looked at a few puppets and then got many of my puppets out and played with them awhile. 
Kaity is really good at making our Charlie bird walk ... he looks almost REAL as he bops along.

When we drove back to Jesse's, he wasn't quite home yet; so we sat in the car and talked for a bit. Here are a few pictures I took of how Kaity likes to hang out at my car:

I love you so much, Kaity! Look at the beautiful Rose of Sharon blossoms growing on the side yard at Jesse's house:


I had such a nice few hours tonight with Kaity. Thank you so much, Lord.


No comments: