Sunday, July 2, 2023

June 30 Rockford

Friday:  We lost power in the storm last night ... so ... no lights, no FANS, no opening the refrigerator to make meals, etc. As a consequence, Ruthanne and Terry and I drove out to Rockford to eat our dinner. We ate at a place I didn't even know existed until just lately--"The Roasted Pickle". I ordered a fish sandwich (how surprising is that?), and it was delicious. The extra bonus to this place was the fact that we could eat outside, in view of the beautiful Rockford Dam.

After we finished eating, we took a little walk and since I had my camera with me, I snapped a few pictures:

We walked across 10-Mile to visit a bookstore (the name of which I can't remember), and after that, since we were so close to this board walk along the Rogue, we walked it for a little while. I've explored here in the winter months and taken a bunch of icy photos and I can't decide which are prettier--the gorgeous green or the icy white.




We walked around by the dam for a little bit, admiring the flowers and listening to the awesome sound of the water ... it's so refreshing.





It's been super hot and humid these last few days. We are hoping our power returns by the time we get back home--it's predicted to do that by about 6:30.

We got back "home" and played our usual rounds of Bananagrams over at Ruthanne and Terry's. Tonight, we played outside on their beautiful porch because it was too stinkin' hot to play inside with no fans. While we were playing, a kind neighbor walked by and told us her power just went back on! Yes! How spoiled I am by electricity--I would make such a lousy pioneer.

No comments: