Saturday, July 1, 2023

June 29 Celebrating KAITY

Thursday:  I actually got to celebrate with Kaity on the actual DATE of her birthday this year! It fell on a Thursday; and thankfully, nothing else was going on in Kaity's family during the time I usually have her (they had plans for later on), so she came over! I'm glad I thought ahead about this a little bit because lately I am never quite sure if I will have only Kaity ... or if Kaity will invite Kenzie as well.

It turned out that Kenzie AND Harper came over to help us celebrate. We sure had a fun time. It was a super hot afternoon but we did okay, even though I do NOT have air conditioning. I have plenty of fans!

We had Kaity open her gifts (from me) right away. Here she is opening her card:
Harper gets right IN the activity at hand ...
Here is Kaity trying to guess what the tiny surprise present is ...
She is making all sorts of guesses, and I am giving her clues ...
I told her we had seen this at the gift shop at one of the places we had visited recently (that's the reason for this rather bizarre facial expression) ... because she could NOT remember pointing out something this little to bring to my attention.
So ... this is a JOURNEY BRACELET, an animal tracker! Kaity pointed it out to me at Meijer Gardens (or was it the zoo?) a few weeks ago and said she would chose the LION ...
Evidently, you can go on-line with the bar code on the bracelet packaging and find "your" animal, where it lives, and follow its movements!

Kaity was SURPRISED! I really like her smile in these pictures. It was fun to get her something she wasn't expecting (for a change).

Here she is opening up the one thing she DID know about ... this is a SMART watch.
Here are the girls all playing HEDBANZ together. It's so much fun playing this game with kids! You can learn so much about each other just from the questions that are asked.

Harper was big on playing with every toy on my shelf--and I don't blame her! She has a very good time with all of the PlayMobile toys I have: the treehouse, the playground, the camping set, and the horses and stables.
Kaity was finding more out about her watch. We were able to enter in her height, weight, and "step" distances (all in metrics) so that she can use the watch to monitor her physical activity.

I love these pictures of you, Kaity.
Kenzie really likes these Magnatiles I have (even though they are not the official brand). She loves to build stuff with them. I DO TOO!

The girls all ate a hot dog, plenty of watermelon, cantaloupe, chips, and drinks--we let that food settle for a little bit and then we got out the cake. I LOVE this cake. It's an Arnie's roll cake--the cream in the middle is SO smooth, sweet, and absolutely yummy. 
We lit her candles, sang "Happy Birthday", and she blew all 11 candles out on the first breath!
Love you so so much, dear Kaity. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 

No comments: