Wednesday, July 26, 2023

July 25 Hectic but Good

Tuesday:  SO ... having four children who simultaneously and loudly talk \ and are VERY active can be challenging and quite exhausting. I always wonder if I am going to make it through the day without having an "ugly" spell ... which means, not behaving myself kindly or wisely. But I am very thankful for the strength to be with these kiddos, even if it is only once per week. And there are only a few more weeks until school goes back, which means Erin will begin Kindergarten and will no longer spend the day over here with me. I can't even tell you how sad that makes me! Yikes. 

I only took a few pictures today--all of which were when we were outside playing in the water. They sure get a kick out of washing my car! The hose trumps any and every other water toy I have.



Mr. Cal very much likes to use the brushes on my car. I have to watch him carefully, or he scrubs my driveway with it and then applies the DIRT to my car ... yikes ... cutie.
Brendan did fine outside--but he has grown up so much this year--water toys hardly hold his attention. He did well for awhile, though, and then I let him go back inside without the other kiddos.






It seems like the kids ate constantly today--that's okay--but it sure kept me hopping! Mac 'n cheese, hot dogs, tater tots, fruit, veggies, ice cream, snacks, etc. You should have seen my kitchen sink piled high with dishes! 

We drove back to their house and landed there at about 5:00. Erin and Cal were sleeping, so I let them sleep another half hour before trying to wake them up. Dylan and Kelly were home by 6:00 with pizza for dinner. I hung out for awhile before driving home. Thankfully, there is nothing on my Wednesday schedule until Bible study in the evening. I'm going to crash!


No comments: