Saturday, July 29, 2023

July 27 Swimming/Jumping

Thursday:  We received an invitation from Brenda to swim over at her condo this afternoon. YES!!! It's super hot and humid in W. Michigan these last few days, so this will be great. And Kaity LOVES to swim.

I picked Kaity up at 3:00 from Jesse and we landed at Brenda's just after 3:30. We were already in our suits, so we just jumped in--without even feeling the water--it was SO refreshing. This is the first time all summer that I have actually been IN the water to swim.

Brenda has a lot of swim toys--rings and other "sinking" toys that can be thrown into a pool and then you get to dive to the bottom to retrieve them. Kaity about wore me out doing this activity a ton of times. But it was super good to SEE my friend Brenda, get to talk to her face-to-face, and still spend time with Kaity.

I cannot believe that I did not take one single picture over at Brenda's ... but it's TRUE! No pictures.

After we swam for about an hour, Kaity was ready to drive to my house--so we did. We ate our usual hotdogs and watermelon meal and then immediately left for ALTITUDE. Here are pictures from our time there:





Kaity really enjoys social interaction--she is open to talk to anyone, any age, anyone at all! SO ... she makes friends and plays, and just has a regular good time of it while she is here. That's always a happy thing to see as a grandma. 

After our time at Altitude, I took Kaity back to her mom's house. She texted me soon after asking if we can go to Altitude Saturday too--she met TWO special friends today while there (she thinks they are twins, a brother and sister just about her age) and they are trying to coordinate getting together again right here. I hope this works out for them.


No comments: