Saturday, July 15, 2023

July 11 with FOUR

Tuesday:  Jen dropped the kiddos off to me today at 12:30--very kind of her, since I took care of them last night (kind of unplanned, but good!) and found myself more weary this morning than on a usual Tuesday morning. We did our usual stuff around here--played cars, trains, every toy in my house (!!), and then when the kids looked "tuckered out", I let Brendan choose a movie for us to watch and wind down with. He picked "PETS 2"--good choice, Brendan! We got out all of the "Pet" stuffed animals I have collected: Max, Gidget, Duke, Snowball, Buddy, Mel, etc. ... ALL of them ... and watched the entire show. The kids did very well today here at my house. They ate a good meal, enjoyed some ice-cream in the middle of the afternoon, and then watched the movie.



We were instructed to meet Dylan and Kelly by about 5 or so over at Aberdeen Park for a company picnic (Acton). I remembered how difficult it was for me to find this place LAST summer, so I was careful to go on-line and print out detailed instructions of each and every turn in order to get us there in an orderly and sane fashion.

I GOT SO LOST!!!!

Here's the thing: Almost every street I needed was CLOSED, road-blocked, DETOURED!!! Construction everywhere!

I hate detours.

I hate road blocks. I especially hate ROAD CONSTRUCTION!

AND I HATE being lost--especially with little ones who are anticipating a nice playground, splash pad, food, their mom and dad!

I started kind of mocking myself the more lost we became: "I am the WORST driver in America!" I would say to the kids. Dear Brendan would reply--"No, grandma, you are not!" I suggested that perhaps I would do better driving on the MOON! Brendan informed me, however, there was NO oxygen on the moon; so that option was definitely OUT. I tried different countries around the world: Brazil, Africa, Antarctica--perhaps I would drive better THERE ... and pretty soon we were all laughing. A few of our detours dead-ended into driveways! WHAT?!?!? When that would happen, the kids would totally crack up.

So thankful to the Lord for LAUGHTER. Anyway, we finally made it to Aberdeen Park, mostly because in desperation I prayed (!!) and I also called Dylan, who was already at the park and involved in a kick-ball game with his colleagues. He encouraged me to keep driving and gave me a better way to come than was showing on my "Maps" program on my phone.

The kids at Aberdeen Park today:

Brendan is growing up so quickly now. Look how handsome the Lord has made him!
This little rascal resisted going to the splash pad (naturally) because he wanted to be at the playground. Thankfully, the playground was within sight of the splash pad, so I was able to monitor both. Cal finally came to check out the water ...
Here is Aidan, who told me at my house that he was NOT interested in playing at the splash pad today. Okay then.




Dear Erin would LIVE in the water if she had that option. She is a tiny mermaid, and I love every inch of her.



These two: don't they just look like they BELONG under this mushroom in a forest somewhere?







Look how pleased dear Erin is!


Mr. Cal got VERY interested in the sprinklers here. He is mechanical in his brain and watched to see where the water was coming from and WHY ...

He eventually lost his britches ... they would NOT stay up! So I just let him play with his pull-ups on.

Mr. Aidan stud-muffin ... yikes ... what a kiddo!

Cal was very pleased that he could CONTROL the ebb and flow of water simply by stepping on the circle. He's a cause-and-effect kind of person.

Callaghan--you are so darling.





I love these last pictures of Brendan. I love this young grandson with all of my heart. Oh, Lord, please protect him from all evil and harm (or harming), from sins that would imprison his mind and heart, from distractions that would take him away from You and all that You have planned for his life. Please make known to him Your ways. In Jesus' wonderful name I ask this.


No comments: