Friday, July 7, 2023

July 6 IN Mill Creek

Thursday:  I picked my Kaity-Girl up today at 3:00, not knowing if Kenzie would be coming with us today or not--it turns out she and her mom have other plans for the afternoon, so it was just Kaity with me today. 

Since it was a decent weather day (after being 92 degrees with HIGH humidity on Tuesday), I asked Kaity if she would like to explore Mill Creek with me today. I had purchased water shoes for us last week for this very reason--but we had not used them yet! Kaity agreed to go with me. It's not far from Jesse's house at all--a 2-minute drive. We parked kind of behind the public library in the lot nearest the little bridge that crosses over Mill Creek to the park area. 

I took a bunch of pictures, and I just love them all.

Kaity (who loves the water and is not afraid of anything) was the first to "test" the waters (naturally). She said it was COLD and a little bit "slimy" ... hmm.
And I (also quite naturally) was enamored with all of the wild flowers growing ... EVERYWHERE.


I wondered just how long it would be before one of us slipped and fell in. I was hoping very much that it wouldn't be me because ... my camera would be ruined ... as well as Kaity's phone (which was riding in my camera case).




So actually, NEITHER of us FELL in ... Kaity kind of just WALKED in bit by bit. I chose NOT to follow her this direction because its was getting deeper than I thought would be a good idea. 
When Kaity began rolling up her shorts, I beckoned her to come back and try the opposite direction. She did exactly that! Yes!

It was rough walking in this little creek--not because we were not prepared--the water shoes worked GREAT; but still--rocks and rocks! Very uneven and unpredictable. Much better when we were only ankle deep and could SEE the crazy things ... but more difficult when they were covered up by underwater weeds and vines.




It was warmer than we expected out here today. I knew it wouldn't be long before Kaity figured a way to get totally WET ...

She ran ahead of me a lot. I was walking super slow, again protecting my camera and her phone ... and my body!


Oh, Kaity! YOU.ARE.THE.BEST!
Oh the simple pleasures of LIFE!








I finally saw an opportunity to get OUT of the creek by climbing up a small bank that led to stairs ... so I got OUT of the creek in order to walk on this bridge and get pictures of Kaity below.


Look at her GO! Speedy!!





I love this young granddaughter so much. She is a JOY to me in so many ways. I love to just be with her and enjoy WHO SHE IS. Make her Yours, Lord! Shape her into a young person who knows You, loves YOU, and follows in all Your ways. Please, I ask.

No comments: