Friday, July 7, 2023

July 6 Sadness and Loss

Thursday:  So ... I was on top of the bridge taking pictures of Kaity running in the creek below, and as I walked off the bridge onto the pathway, I saw someone in the distance calling my name. I didn't have my glasses on, so I could not identify who this was! As she came closer, I realized it was Diana! She said she needed to talk to Kaity. 

So I went and fetched Kaity out of the creek ... and she only came out because I told her that her mom needed to talk to her. THAT got her out in a hurry because Kaity couldn't imagine why her mom had come to find her in such an unusual way. It turns out that Diana has a "tracker" on Kaity's phone, and this was how she found us.

Diana had come to tell Kaity that their dog, Albus, died during the night, very suddenly. Diana relayed to Kaity that Albus had a little "cough" and wasn't quite himself during the day, but then late at night, he started shaking all over and by the time they got him to the emergency veterinarian, he had died.

My dear Kaity. Such sadness and loss for her. My heart is so sad for their whole family about this.

I only have a few pictures of Albus, taken at the end of March 2021. I am not a dog person, and THIS is a BIG dog with a GIANT bark. Inside, however, he was quite a mild canine--not at all as fierce as he sounded.

From March 25, 2021:









My heart is sad with yours, Kaity. Praying for you. We'll frame a few of these pictures for you, dear granddaughter.


No comments: