Friday, July 21, 2023

July 18 with the O'Pahman's

Tuesday:  Brendan was at an afternoon museum "camp" with his good friend, Joanna, today; so he was not at my house. I missed him! I barely took any pictures of the children today--I was too busy trying to keep up with them.

Cal picked up one of my old calculator rulers (I forget where I even got these contraptions years ago) that no longer lights up or does anything whatsoever, and decided that it was a REMOTE to my computer. He was quite persistent about it too! He was using it to turn on my computer and change stations--except it didn't work one single bit, which frustrated him a tiny bit. He was okay, as long as I didn't contradict his fantasy about what it was able to do.

Erin played a lot with the cooking stuff. Plus, we read a ton of books together today. I love doing this with Erin. She is such a good listener and is so interested in the stories. Super fun to read to her. Our favorite book today wasn't really a story, it was more of just a fun and interactive book called "PRESS HERE". Ingenious. Aidan loved it too!
Meanwhile, APOP was busy setting up my cool Memory game with his very own family pictures. He really loves to do this. Following a few games, he decided to make up his OWN memory cards--so he went over to the art table and proceeded to do just that. 
Aidan is a very intense little person. I discovered today that he can read just about anything you hand to him. He was reading a "Calvin and Hobbes" book in the car on the way to my house and I could hear him reading words like "understood", "hesitation", "direction", etc. There doesn't seem to be a word that he can't figure out. Good for you, Aidan. What on earth will they do with him in the First grade?!?
I did "poop out" mid-afternoon and allow them to watch "The Secret Life of Pets" (the first movie). I have all of the character stuffed animals for the story, and the kids love to get them out and act out parts of the story using them.
We drove back to their house and arrived just before 5:00 when Brendan was being dropped off by Miss Carrie. I hung out with all of them at their house until Dylan and Kelly came home from work. It was a very nice day with these kiddos, and I am very thankful for it.
 

No comments: