Thursday, May 5, 2022

April 22 Hilton Head!!!

Friday:  Since yesterday was a rather unremarkable day (as far as events are concerned--it wasn't at all a boring day--I walked and went swimming and sat next to David as he worked, etc), I didn't do a special Thursday post--no pictures, nada!

When planning my trip to Florida, I was looking forward (extremely much) to seeing and spending a day with my roommate, Robbie. My COVID diagnosis blew that one out of the water ... but today, we were able to Facetime--for nearly TWO hours! It was wonderful to see her lovely face, to laugh and remember fun times together. We finally concluded that I do not have to BE in Florida for us to Facetime, and we agreed to do this once a month! Yes!

TODAY is Friday, David told me he had a very special SURPRISE for me! He had already told me that this weekend we were going away to Savannah to see the Tybee Island Lighthouse, which was an ENORMOUS gift already ... but as we were driving north, David told me all about hunting for a place to sleep Friday and Saturday nights, that everything was WAY too expensive in Georgia, so he ended up booking us in South Carolina, just a half hour from Savannah ... and for pity's sake ... while we were going to be IN South Carolina, we might just as well visit HILTON HEAD. Come on! Are you kidding?!?!?

That's exactly what we did! Here are the pictures to prove it!

I super love this picture of David and I! And look at the little lighthouse! Here's the thing: in MY head, when David told me we were going to Hilton Head, I was "picturing" the Outer Banks and that amazingly gorgeous lighthouse on the beach that is in all of the famous pictures, etc. SO ... when we pulled up in the parking lot at this rather smaller lighthouse, I was confused--perhaps when we walked down the beach we would find the other one? NO. So I adjusted my confused brain and decided to love the place where we were presently visiting (duh). And I DID love it!


Here are the best of the pictures I took of the lighthouse. They will appear to be somewhat repetitious, but they are NOT ... they are edited individually and each of them will be used by me for different purposes. So I HAD to post all of them, that's all there is to it!
This lighthouse is a museum ... a MUSEUM ... so as you walk up the stairs to the top, you are viewing artifacts from this area and ship history, etc. It's very nicely done. We didn't read all of the information because our goal was the TOP and the VIEW ...

Ah ... the view ...



At the very TOP is the Lighthouse Shoppe which was filled with all of the usual lighthouse souvenirs. I was hoping for a V-neck T-shirt with a picture of the lighthouse ... but they were not selling V-neck shirts anywhere in the shoppe! SO ... instead I walked away with not one single souvenir!

We walked all around the harbour and marina ...








There was a little beach area, mostly filled with broken shells ... but look who we found? Isn't he the coolest?
I've named him Crusty (not very original, I know) ... his friends (he had many) all ran away as we were walking through the weeds; but not this little guy! I liked him right away.





I love these pictures. Some of them will make very nice cards in the future. Thank you, David, SO MUCH for this wonderful surprise trip. You are the best.
 

1 comment:

David said...

WOOHOO!!! It was a great trip and two wonderful lighthouses...even if one was a little on the small size.