Monday, May 23, 2022

May 22 Graduation Card for Chris

This is the card I designed for Chris's high school graduation. I handwrote a note inside the card, so this is not all that it said.

FRONT:

INSIDE OF CARD: Standing right next to Chris is his best friend, Tyler. Also, I really like this quote from Vince Lombardo ... it's so true--I think it is sad that hardly anyone strives for excellence any more.

BACK:
I worked very hard on this card ... I wanted it to be JUST SO! I am pretty pleased with how it turned out and I enjoyed the process of making it a lot too. High school graduation is a big deal! I want Chris to know that I am proud that he has accomplished this. I wanted to add a bunch more verses to this card, but I didn't! There are so many rich Scriptures about wisdom and what it looks like in a person.

Listen to this:
"The wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all PURE. It is also peace-loving, gentle at all times and willing to yeld to others. It is full of wisdom and good deeds. It shows no partiality and is always sincere."  (James 3.17)

There is so much packed into those few words, isn't there? It would be a good one to memorize, for sure. I pray for that kind of wisdom for my entire family, my children, and their children. 

This passage, too, is so wonderful ...

"Happy is the person who finds wisdom and gains understanding. For the profit of wisdom is better than silver, and her wages are better than gold. Wisdom is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. She offers you life in her right hand, and riches and honor in her left. She will guide you down delightful paths; all her ways are satisfying. Wisdom is a tree of life to those who embrace her; happy are those who hold her tightly."  (Proverbs 3.16-18)

Delightful paths! Satisfaction in life! Help us, Lord, to find this heavenly wisdom!

 

No comments: