Sunday, May 22, 2022

May 21 A VERY busy day!

Saturday:  I got a text this morning from Dylan letting me know that both he and Kelly are sick! He asked if there was any way I could take "the older three" kiddos for a little while today. Whew ... good thing I designed and printed Chris's grad card last night! Being a grandma carries a certain weight ... but it is a good one. What better way to spend time but with grandchildren--especially if their parents are ill?!

I picked up Erin, Aidan, and Brendan from Dylan at 11:30 and decided to have us all hang out here for a little while before we picked Kaity up to play at Altitude (it's beginning to feel like a LIVE at Altitude!). We ate a nice lunch  together--Aidan even ate a small bowl of Mac 'n cheese! Oh my! I almost fainted. We read some books, made some pictures, played with puppets, and had fun. Erin and Aidan both brought over their Squishmallows today!




Our hours zoomed by ... and then it was time to pick up Kaity! Erin absolutely ADORES Kaity. These cousins had so much fun jumping today.
I attempted to keep up with the four of them without getting myself run over by children in the process ... I absolutely LOVE some of these pictures.


Here is Kaity showing the kids the flying trapeze ... Erin thought Kaity was SO brave!


Aidan was watching from a SAFE distance. There was no way in this entire universe that this little person was going to jump from that height ... he didn't even climb the stairs ... he has hoisted himself up inside the dodge-ball area and climbed up to the netting to watch Kaity's performance ... and Brendan's too!
Little Erin watched Kaity and Brendan do a few "flies" and then looked right at me and announced: "I am going to be bwave, gwamma ... I am going to JUMP!"
Here goes Kaity!
Brendan is next ...

Good landing, Brendan! 
Erin was next in line ... but she took one step forward and ten steps BACK ... she just turned her little body around and went down those stairs as fast as she could.
Kaity and Brendan jumped over and over again ... if I were a kid again, I would definitely do it! I LOVE heights.

Erin showing me the very last orange Skittle in her package ...
I could eat this little child right up ...
Aidan trying to look brave in the Foam Pit where the duels were taking place ... 
Erin met many total strangers who became her good friends in an instant!
This is SO Aidan ... gah! I love this child.
Mid-way through our time at Altitude, Brendan had a bloody nose. He handled it so well. And the staff at Altitude were super kind too. Brendan knew just what to do. He pinched his nose, I got tissues, and we just had him sit calmly until the bleeding stopped. He was able to resume jumping in about 10 minutes.
So thankful for this day ... and it's not over! I have Kaity until 8:00. We're going to take these three kiddos home and then return to my house. I'll post about my time with Kaity later ... it was a very precious few hours with her.

No comments: