Wednesday, May 25, 2022

May 24 Last day of pre-school!

Tuesday:  Almost every Tuesday, I first pick Brendan up from his house and then we drive over to Mayflower Church to pick Aidan and Erin up from preschool at about 11:30. Since today was their last day of school, family was invited to come a little bit earlier and join in a popsicle party with the kids.

Kelly had a full client schedule today and regretably could not break away to come, so she asked if I could snap a few pictures of Aidan and Erin with their teachers. We were all invited to come inside the gated playground at the school where all of the children were playing. Here is Aidan showing me the very cool school bus he can climb on.
Near the far end of the playground, Erin's class was seated at a picnic table awaiting their popsicles ...
Erin didn't see us at first, she was kind of lost in thoughts (above) ... and then she saw us! "HI, Gwamma!" she shouted in her sweet voice.
Look at these adorable classmates ... Erin is VERY social and has enjoyed meeting these kids and becoming their friends very much.
Look at Erin's unicorn cap ... SO cute!
Oh Erin ... you are SO SO SO sweet! 
This is the best picture I took of Erin and her teacher (whose name I cannot recall). Erin was really INTO eating her popsicle at the time--but her teacher was very willing to squat down behind her for a picture.
Here is Aidan's entire class! I took many many pictures of the kids lined up like this ... but see the little boy standing right next to Aidan? He was a very enthusiastic little person and began jumping up and down and flinging his arms all over the place ... so the next 6 pictures, Aidan's face is completely obscured by this little guys waving arms! I'm glad I got at least one shot before the photobombing began ...
Here is Aidan's class with his two teachers ... again ... this was the only shot I got before aforementioned child began jumping hilariously and blocking Aidan totally out of the picture.
Here is a nice one of just Aidan and one of his teachers (again, I cannot remember her name).

This is Aidan with his OTHER teacher ... 

Each child was given a notebook filled with pictures and memories from the school year, made personal for each child. Such a nice school!

Aidan was quite thrilled with his red-white-and-blue popsicle.

When I mentioned that he was getting a BLUE face, he wanted proof--so I snapped this picture and showed him ... which resulted in his darling giggles.
Erin is learning to PUMP on the swing and she is doing a good job of it!
She doesn't quite have both legs coordinated yet ... but she is getting the idea at least.

Brendan stepped behind her for a little bit and helped to keep her high enough for a little while. I should have snapped the picture while Brendan was smiling--he was being very helpful--but I was talking to Aidan at the same time and took this picture at the last minute.
Pretty flowers thanking these wonderful teachers ...
One last shot of Erin on the swing ... look at her "clapping" her feet just for the fun of it. She kills me.


At my house:  We finally left the playground with all of their school stuff and drove to my house. We did our usual play stuff: puppets, stuffed animals, art at the table, legos ... and we even watched about 30 minutes of Youtube short videos of "The Secret Life of Pets 2", which was a movie the kiddos requested but that I do not own, nor could we find it showing on any of the stations I have.

We finished off our afternoon with a bowl of ice cream ... here is Erin enjoying hers right down the last drop ...


... and Brendan too!
"Gidget" [from "PETS"] and two of our sock puppets sat on the counter watching the kiddos enjoy their ice cream.
Since Aidan had not had a single bite to eat the entire afternoon at my house (he was busy making another book), in order to get his bowl of ice cream he had to eat at least a bowl of healthy cereal--which he did!
I love these pictures of these beautiful children ...
I am beyond blessed to be their grandma. BUT NOW ... it was time to pick Kaity up from her bus-stop and head on over to Altitude to play! 

No comments: