Friday, May 6, 2022

May 2 Alligators at the Airport

Monday:  I did laundry and packed today, sat next to David and listened to him talk to clients (I can't believe how PATIENT he is with people!), watched a movie in the afternoon, and then ... it was off to the airport! 

On our drive to the airport, Carol and I continued looking for alligators ... this might SOUND ridiculous, but there are so many fresh-water ponds all along the roadways ... and where there are ponds, there are reportedly alligators! I was in the front seat of the truck with David and I looked over at him in conversation when suddenly Carol called out: "Look! An alligator!" YES! There was a real live, full-bodied green scaly alligator sunning its body along the banks of a pond on the side of the road. We were traveling too fast for me to get my camera unpacked and snap its picture, but ... my heart was satisfied (it truly was!) to finally SEE an alligator, out of the water, not in a zoo, doing what alligators do in Florida. Good eyes, Carol!

I had two hours to "kill" once I had been dropped off at the airport, so I thought perhaps I could do a little shopping. I was hoping to get a nice T-shirt (V-neck) of some of the places we had visited while there this time--but once again, nothing was worth purchasing. 

However, look what I DID find! I LOVE malted milk balls ... and this cracked me up. I did not, however, purchase them.

YUCK! Alligator jerky? No way, Jose'.
Had this shirt been a bit more feminine, I sincerely would have bought it! But it looked terribly boy-ish to me, plus I don't like a high neck like that. So ... I left it right there.
I did very nearly buy this cute book--it was $19.95 and very nicely written and illustrated. The problem was ... I did not have a spare quarter inch ANYWHERE in my backpack or suitcase. Perhaps I will order it on-line! [I just ordered it and it will arrive Saturday! AND I ordered and have already received the alligator puppet I ordered on Tuesday--he is SO cute--I'll show you later]
I flew SPIRIT on the way home from Tampa. Note to self: Do not book with SPIRIT ever again. It's not that the flight was bad or anything--but when I booked my flight through DELTA, I assumed I was returning home via DELTA, but that was not the case. Spirit nickles and dimes the daylights out of its passengers after they have booked their flights ... remember that!
At least I was able to choose a window seat for the flight home. What's the fun of flying if you can't see out the window? Plus, I am rather claustraphobic and airplanes have really put the squeeze on as far as space is concerned--having a window to look out really helps calm my panic. And I LOVE heights and I LOVE to see the world from five miles up ...

I watched out the window the whole 2.2 hours we were in the air. A very nice couple was sitting in the middle and aisle seats--we chatted now and then--they are from the Detroit area, so we were able to connect about various places there.

Here we are on the way down ...
"Howdy" is written on the wing tip ... how very odd ... I don't like the font they used to write "Howdy" at all (this is crazy of me to notice, but hey).
Terry and Ruthanne were ready and waiting for me as I deplaned. So thankful for them! They allowed themselves to be used as a hotel and taxi twice in two weeks ... plus, they were glad to see me! They fed me! We had good conversation too. It is so nice to be loved. Thank you, David and Carol! Thank you, Terry and Ruthanne!


No comments: