Sunday, May 29, 2022

May 26 Birthday lunch with Dylan

Thursday:  I met Dylan downtown for lunch today. Saturday is his birthday. Since Saturdays are pretty much family days with Kelly and the kids, we decided to celebrate his birthday a little bit early and share a lunch together. I can't remember the name of the restaurant where we ate! We had thought we would eat at the Cottage Bar, but they don't open until noon and it was only 11:00. I had a doc appointment downtown at 10:00, so it worked out that we meet afterwards and have an early lunch. Anyway, the place where we ate had really good "wraps" and "pitas", and we enjoyed about an hour together just chatting one-on-one, which is a rare thing when there are four children usually close by. I sure enjoyed our time together. It's always nice to catch up with Dylan and find out some of his opinions about what is going on in the world. 

Dylan works as an editor at Acton Institute. Based on what he told me Thursday, he is still happy in his position there and is working on various projects that are important to him. He and Kelly are looking to move to hopefully a more spacious house, whenever they can find the right house at the right time at the right price. I've been praying about this for them for more than a year.

I made Dylan this birthday card:

When I was pregnant with Dylan, Nehemiah 9 was the passage I often went to for comfort ... it speaks of the mighty power of God in creation and the worship He alone deserves. "You give life to everything" ... God ordained the life of this child I was carrying in my womb, so close to my heart. I was so thankful to know that, even though life was pretty chaotic around us during that time.


Plaster Creek is just across the road from where Dylan and Kelly live. They've been able to enjoy its beauty now for over eight years. We have often walked down this path with one or two of the children. I can remember tossing rocks into the creek with little Brendan when he was SO little ...

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR DYLAN! Rejoicing at God's work of grace in your heart and life. Love you so much. So glad I get to be your mom.

No comments: