Friday, May 6, 2022

May 5 Kaitlynn and Dakota

Thursday:  I've been back at the Beach House for three days now. There really IS no place like home. I unpacked Tuesday afternoon, caught up a bit with Emma before she left for work, and did a bunch of little jobs around here. Wednesday, I finally got the pictures uploaded to my computer from the card on my camera, which was no easy task. I think my computer is just overloaded with the 104,000+ pictures I have already on it. I've spent the next day or so editing and posting my Florida trip on this blog that no one reads (zero), but since I use it as a photo journal and it's one of my hobbies, I felt glad to have it completed.

I picked Kaity up from Jesse at our usual Thursday time. We only have 2.5 hours together today because Kaity has family plans tonight and I have agreed to meet a few women from my MNBS group over at Calvary tonight for the National Day of Prayer service.

Kaity gave me a BIG hug and talked her head off when I walked in the door of Jesse's house. She already had an agenda planned for the afternoon, so off we went! Kaity had pre-arranged to meet her classmate over at Dwight Lydell Park to play. Dakota lives across the street (and down a ways) from the playground. We parked our car and walked over to pick up Dakota, a very pleasant little lady!

I decided to try and climb this apparatus ... and I DID make it all the way to the top, even though it was slow going. I had convinced myself that it would be possible to actually boost myself up on top of the entire apparatus, but I found out that I just wasn't strong enough to do that.

Kaity and Dakota had such a nice time playing together. Before we left for the park, Dakota invited Kaity inside her house to meet her pet guinea pig (Lucy) and her two dogs (LARGE dogs) ... I stayed outside on the porch (gladly).


We walked across the hill and adjoining field over to Mill Creek to toss in stones and play in the water for awhile. Here is dear Kaity being a monkey underneath the bridge.



Evidently while I was climbing that rope apparatus, the only pair of glasses that I use for driving slipped out of my pocket and fell to the ground. I didn't realize it until about 30 minutes later when Kaity and I were back at the car and ready to take off. Yikes. We got back out of the car and returned to the playground. I quietly prayed as we walked that the Lord would help me find my glasses. There were lots and lots of children playing in that area and I asked if anyone had seen a pair of glasses. A very small girl pointed them out to me, laying on the ground undamaged! Thank you, Lord! 

Kaity and I ate a quick dinner at my house and then I drove her over to meet Diana at the high school. Apparently there was an honor ceremony for Chris (and others) tonight. If I had known about it, I would have asked to attend. But ... it is okay. No one is obligated to inform me of such events. I had already arranged to meet a few friends over at Calvary for the prayer event; so that is where I went.


No comments: