Monday, May 23, 2022

May 22 Chris's Grad Party

Sunday Afternoon:  Chris and Tyler's graduation party was this afternoon from 3-6pm. It was held over at Tyler's mom's house--she has a nice big yard and a beautiful woods (13+ acres!)--and these "boys" have been as close as brothers all through high school.

It was a bit cool outside, but not rainy ... so it turned out to be a perfect outdoor day. 
I didn't know many people at the party--which is OK--afterall, I am Chris's grandma and he doesn't share his life very much with me anymore; but it was nice to be there just the same. I managed to spend an hour there and never once took a picture of Tyler--but I only saw him briefly for maybe two seconds!
Diana did a nice job of putting up a display of pictures of Chris and some of his athletic awards.


Diana and Emma made 200 cupcakes! Tyler's mom made a bunch of food too, and there were burgers, dogs and chicken on the grill.
This is Emma telling a family friend (Elizabeth) about the gift she made for Chris (and one for Tyler too).


Kaity was there (naturally) and went with me to explore the woods; however, Kaity was wearing a dress so we didn't get very deep into the woods for fear of poison ivy ...

Since we've had so much rain in the last few days, the ground underneath these leaves was quite slippery ... I slipped (of course) and went sliding down, grabbed onto a very tall but skinny tree to stop my downfall and took the entire tree DOWN with me! The falling tree missed Kaity by about a foot. I was SO shocked that the tree fell down--I had no idea it's roots were dead or I would not have grabbed it.

It's super beautiful back here, isn't it?
I'm glad the party turned out well for Chris and Tyler. Chris is off to Olivet College in the fall and I think Tyler will be going to Central Michigan--both on football scholarships! They wanted to attend the same college and be roommates, but their scholarships did not work out that way.
 

No comments: