Thursday, May 5, 2022

April 22 Sunset Cruise at Hilton Head

Friday Evening:  Just to let you all know (not that anyone reads this blog), my brother David is one of the nicest people on planet Earth--along with Carol (David's bride of almost 43 years--she is a true gem) ... 

The following pictures are from ANOTHER surprise David planned for our weekend. He booked a sunset cruise! Sadly, I had a splitting headache (at the back of my neck and either side of my eyes, which I'm pretty sure was COVID but I didn't know it at that time) and the cruise was a little bit different than what David expected. I had zero expectations! I didn't even know this was planned! Although I will say that when I hear the word C-R-U-I-S-E, I picture a much bigger boat than what we were on.

Have a look ... see the boat at the very end of this pier?

THIS pontoon boat is where 8 of us were taken out into a little inlet for a "cruise." It was a GUIDED cruise, by a very enthusiastic pair of young women, one who piloted the boat and one who told us all about the ecological stuff, including dolphins.
Apparently, people like my brother David do NOT get all excited about seeing a dolphin or two in an inlet at Hilton Head--because he was NOT jumping up and down every time someone spotted a dolphin. I wasn't jumping up and down either--I was too cold and my head was killing me. David has a boat of his own (almost as big as this one!) and sees dolphins pretty regularly when he is out and about.

BUT we did see a few dolphins tonight, and I tried very hard to catch one on film ... you can see how successful I was. Not. We had kind of hoped our pontoon boat would venture around the inlet and over to where the harbor where we had seen the lighthouse, but our guide told us they never go that far!

These next pictures are to demonstrate that there were indeed dolphins, even though I only caught the fin part ...



This was my best dolphin picture of the day (below) ...

The guide had a skeleton of a dolphin skull that we all got to see up close and personal ...
You crack me up, David!




The sunset WAS pretty though ...

No comments: