Thursday, May 5, 2022

April 30 Boating on the Intercoastal

Saturday morning:  Yesterday (Friday) was another stay-at-home day, but it was a good day! Speedy Legal  did very well. I took a walk (and got lost) ... how was I to know that every single street (practically) in the park where David lives is named DIAMOND? Actually, David explained that Diamond (his street) is a perimeter street and wraps all the way around the park. So as I walked and took turns to explore other yards and houses, I kept coming back to Diamond street and I was thinking that I was nearby David's house when actually I was NOT. No worry, though, because as a woman I am NOT too proud to ask for directions, which I did, and I found my way home. Tada!

We woke up early Saturday morning to go boating. Carol and I drove separately to the boat launch and let David get the boat in the water on his own (he maneuvers the entire procedure flawlessly, both putting in and out of the water). Here are a few pictures from our boating time:

David likes to drive the boat FAST, super FAST ... and he opened it up quite a bit this morning. I prefer just kind of meandering about where I can hear myself think and enjoy conversation. So ... we compromised. David did quite a bit of slow boating and I enjoyed our time completely. 

Here we are tying up to a dock nearby a really good bakery that has HUGE fresh baked muffins. Carol got off the boat and walked over to the bakery. While she was gone, David and I enjoyed watching some fishing boats unload their "catch" of two-and-a-half days--they drive 100 miles off shore and fish like crazy. I could not believe how many fish they unloaded from this boat--big fish! It was fun to watch. I regret not taking any photos, but I hate to intrude on people's privacy and personal space, especially if they do not know me.
Carol brought back a very delicious banana muffin (fresh and warm) for me to enjoy. I think she had ordered something different than what she received--but she is not a complainer, so that was that. David had a chocolate muffin, but he wondered if it was a day old and not fresh--but David isn't a complainer either and ate it down to the last crumb.
We went back out on the intercoastal with full tummies! We saw this low-flying helicopter! It zoomed by us a few times. I wonder what/who it was looking for!



I cannot remember the name of this bridge (below). David knows all of the names, but I forgot to ask him. I love bridges!


We returned from boating a little after noon I think. I really enjoy watching David haul the boat out of the water ...
There were very busy birds that took over the boat in the next slip--look at the two egrets exploring the boat! One of them is on the very top of the "bridge"--can you see it?

Such a beautiful bird--I took a TON of pictures of him!
I shot a few pictures of David hitching the boat back up to the truck ...

As usual, everything went smoothly. David and I watched a bunch of Youtube videos the other day about failed boat launches--they are hilarious, except very sad when their trucks end up submerged in water or they crash their boat into the dock, etc.

These next photos are just of one of the docks at the launch site. I get such a kick out of all of the birds that hang out here. They are fearless and very bold!
Isn't this Great Egret so graceful and beautiful?


God certainly makes wonderful things, doesn't He? I wanted to touch this bird very badly, but I wasn't allowed to--the bird made it very clear that I was not welcome to do so. Sigh.

No comments: