Sunday, May 29, 2022

May 28 Kaity-kins

Saturday:  Kaity and I played hide 'n seek with three of our puppets tonight: Paco (of course), Alfredo, and Oscar. The game was this: one of us would count to 40 (with our head under the soft green blanket so we couldn't see out) while the other one hid the three puppets in 3 separate areas and then ... go and FIND them. Kaity has always loved playing this game! Me? Not so much. Anyway, we played it quite happily for awhile and then Kaity was ready for a hotdog, so I made something for us to eat.

After we ate, Kaity got playing a game on her phone with her best friend, Kenzie. She was super happy doing it. I decided I would read her a few new library books while she was playing her game. She was not opposed!

The first book I read to Kaity was titled, "The Boring Book" -- I checked this out from the library with Kaity in mind! She is my one grandchild who announces "I'm bored!" and expects me to entertain her. This book made my Kaity laugh! She thought it was EXACTLY how she thinks. And actually, the book does a good job of showing children how NOT to be bored, just by using their imaginations.

I picked up a couple more books and read them to her as well. One is a really interesting "fact" book on weird animals--I can't remember the title, and I've already put it in the front seat of my car for Brendan to read on Tuesday. But we also read "Press Here" and "Let's Play" both by Henri Turret -- which were really FUN. Kaity played her game with Kenzie while I read, but now and then, she would ask to see a picture and then she would actually look at the book for awhile--score one for grandma! That was basically all we did, but that was just fine!
 

No comments: