Monday, May 9, 2022

March 8 Mother's Day 2022

Sunday:  I got up and went to church this morning, 2nd service. Emma decided not to come today--she had been out late last night with her brothers and was just too tired. No worries. I have missed attending Calvary the last two Sundays, and I certainly didn't want to miss Mother's Day. Pastor did such a nice job praying for mothers in so many different situations, and women who wish they COULD be mothers, or people who had lost their moms this year, etc. My heart is always sad on Mother's Day and perhaps it will always be this way. Regret has a way of stealing joy. I don't regret becoming a mother--I just regret decisions I made while I was raising my three children, and I love the boys dearly. Sometimes apologies are not enough, and sometimes there are things that just do not get to be forgiven. 

Having said all that, I did hear from Jesse first thing in the morning, via "text". He wished me a happy day, which was very kind of him. He has to work all day today, so we will not be getting together. 

When I returned home from church, there was a text from Dylan requesting that they all stop by for a little while this evening. YES! YES! YES!

They arrived at about 4:30 and we just hung out and played. Dylan went and picked up pizza for us from JET'S (yum!) ...
It's been a very long time since wee Callaghan has been over to my house (regretably) but he just played and played and played ...
Aidan got busy ... yes ... he does what he always does at my house--he got busy making a BOOK.
Cal explored every little thing he could get his chubby hands on ...

He was very fascinated with my printer ... it has a little screen on it with instructions--I think he thought it would play videos.
Here are Dylan and Kelly playing the memory game which I altered to represent their family. I have inserts for Jesse's family too. The kids enjoy seeing their picture behind the little windows.
Callaghan loves trains, so we got out a few for him to play with. He's pretty intense when he plays.
Dear Erin put puzzles together and was as sweet as she always is.
I love this picture of Kelly, Dylan and Brendan ...
A few more of little blondie here ...



Mmm ... what a nice few hours we had together! So thankful they came over tonight. Emma was over at her moms, so I would have been quite alone otherwise. But I was not! 
I love being a grandma--it is so much LESS prone to failure than motherhood ...

No comments: